My Mom's Last Trip


Advertisement
North America » United States » Colorado » Colorado Springs
February 21st 2016
Published: February 22nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today my Mom left for Heaven. It's a one way trip. I will miss her a lot, as she was a constant presence in my life; always there when I needed her. At least she will be with Dad who took this same trip on August 2, 1988. And she will meet Jesus and many friends and family...what a homecoming! She took many trips for God in the 94 years she travel this earth; telling so many people about Him. Th... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 64, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




22nd February 2016

A beautiful tribute
I loved reading this Bob, what a full life your Mum lived. Thinking of you and your family at this sad time...
22nd February 2016

My prayers are with you that God will continue to flood you with wonderful memories and comfort.
Thanks for sharing the pictures and story....what a remarkable life you all shared! Love to you today from Ohio.
22nd February 2016

A life well lived
Bob, firstly my condolences. Secondly, you have many fond memories - and you are fortunate indeed to have so many photographs to remind you of those happy days.
22nd February 2016

Celebration of Aunt Bonnie's life
Its so wonderful to know Aunt Bonnie is with her Lord and with her family that have taken the journey. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
22nd February 2016

Very inspirational
Lovely reading, quite touching account of a great story, thanks a lot for sharing it with us.
22nd February 2016

Mrs
Thanks for this travel blog. It was good to see a bit more of your mom's background. I have known your mom for a very long time, she had been a great encouragement to me during difficult months I had spent in Bkk many years ago. Saw her last a few years ago when she stayed with Carol at the AGH in Bkk. - I am glad with you all that she can rest now with our Lord, though I can understand your sorrow and pain. - May the Lord bless you!
22nd February 2016

A beautiful journey!
Thanks for sharing, Bob. What an utter joy and beautiful son you must have been to her -- to continue her journey on this earth with such spark and optimism -- very touching, and such a celebration of her life here! Hugs to you and your family.
22nd February 2016

My condolences
I really enjoyed reading about your parents' story and how they both met. It really was very heart-warming! It was all interesting, but the part about the Red Guard in China cer ain't caught my eye. Such an interesting culture. It sounds like there were so many precious memories. All the best.
22nd February 2016
Mom and Bob at Hua Hin beach, Thailand

Family First
Please accept our condolences at this time Bob & Linda & your family. It is difficult on the death of a loved one to know and remember what to say. But as part of your life's work Bob, has been to document your life of myriads of homes and journeys, the details are there for posterity. And thus the story of your mother's life in your family's can be told...and what a journey of adventure it was. In our brief times with you in Oz & your home in USA, Denise & I were always impressed that your dedication to family was paramount. Your mother's story shows where you got this from. I'm sure your Dad played a big part in this also. How wonderful to be blessed and loved by such an amazing mother who has been such an inspiring influence in your life.
23rd February 2016
Mom and Bob at Hua Hin beach, Thailand

Family first...
very true, and we could see your affection of your own children...getting together with Simon in Toronto and then him coming home with his girlfriend (fiancée?). It's nice that your daughter lives nearby and is following in the footsteps of her dad.
22nd February 2016

What a beautiful story
Bob it was very moving reading this particular blog, and it's clear your parents were an inspiration, especially when it comes to travel and discovery and yet with all that bounty the homesickness you experienced has lasted a lifetime... What a life story you've had; all the adventures and destinations and memories...Wow! These are the types of stories get made into movies! I'll look forward to reading your Camino journey (And no doubt your parents will ride on your shoulder & give you a little extra lift in your step on the days you need it the most...!)
23rd February 2016
Mom and Bob at Hua Hin beach, Thailand

A Wonderful Life!
What an adventurer your mom was--meeting a man on a ship and marrying him, far from home. And then being up for all those lovely travels, even though surely it was she who bore the brunt of packing all of you up (I went to 14 schools as a Navy brat and saw my mom's hard work). Great that she traveled with her husband and family, her good friend and later with her kids--nothing was going to stop her. And good for you for chronicling your life of travel--I really admire you for this. So sorry about your mom's passing, but as you said, she had a long and full life. May we all be so blesses.
23rd February 2016

Beautiful tribute of your beautiful mom
Bob, I am sorry you've said goodbye to your mom, but rejoicing with you that you will see her again. What a great and fascinating story you shared here...the photographs are amazing, too. This is a treasure. Thank you for sharing it! Can I share the link on the Dalat Challenge FB page? I think others would enjoy reading it!
23rd February 2016

Thanks for your comment...
yes, you can share the link on the Dalat Challenge FB page.
23rd February 2016

The trip of a lifetime
So sorry for your loss and what a lovely way of remembering your mom. Thinking of you.
23rd February 2016

SGreat tribute blog
Hello Bob. Please accept our condolences on the passing of your beloved Mother. What a great tribute in the form of a blog. I will now go back and read more of your family's stories. We ultimately decided to do several sections of The Way in early June 2016. Watch our blogs. GregCath (Gregory and Catherine Harper)
23rd February 2016

Yes...
I'm looking forward to reading your blogs about your Camino!
23rd February 2016

What a life!
Thanks Bob for remembering your Mom in a wonderful account of her life and ministry. We appreciate all you did for the family in taking care of her these last years. She was a model servant of Jesus and a great inspiration. It is a great joy to know she is glory-bound and receiving her reward for a life well-lived for Christ's glory.
24th February 2016

A full and happy life
This was a wonderful read - what a full and happy life your mother had, brimming with family, adventures, and of course travel! It seems she made the most of every opportunity she had. I'm sorry for your loss, thinking of you and Linda and your family.
25th February 2016

A full life
I'm sorry to read about your mum, Bob, but at least you can take refuge in the fact that she had a long, full and happy life which, unfortunately, is more than many people can say. This blog was a beautiful tribute to her, lovely photos and lovely words.
28th February 2016

What a wonderful life...
full of love and adventure! Thank you for sharing her story and these wonderful photographs.
29th February 2016

A life well lived
The love and respect you have for your parents is evident in this wonderful tribute. You've been fortunate to select such wonderful parents to guide you in the world and to instill in you the things that are important. You and Linda have made a wonderful life for yourselves and your children and the lessons learned from your parents have been the guide. You need to meet with someone to help you publish a book about all of these wonderful adventures. Your parents were amazing. Please know our thoughts are with you and we will think of your mother in a couple of weeks while we travel Switzerland.

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 43; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb