Colorado Springs


Advertisement
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.8331, -104.822

We left Leadville and headed toward Salida. Our next stop was the Royal Gorge Bridge. IT is off of the main road because it was built as an experiment to see if they could actually build it across the 2000 foot gorge over the Arkansas River. We took the gondola over the gorge and then rode the trolley car over the bridge to get back to our car. The floor of the bridge is made of wood. Its only 18 feet wide. We got the car and headed across the bridge. There are people walking on the bridge, but they know something heavy is coming their way because the boards creak and groan all the way across!
We then headed toward Colorado Springs and our b&b. It is actually in Old Colorado City. This place is really nice! We have 3 times as much room as the previous place at half of the cost!
The next morning we were going to drive up to Pikes Peak, but it was cloudy and foggy. We opted to go to the Air Force Academy instead. It is really cool! We saw the church there. It is stunning. After that we went to the Ridge House Heritage Center. It is a small settlement of houses built between 1870 and 1900. It was OK. It was very quiet there, as it is still early in their season.
After that we headed to the Garden of the Gods visitor center for some lunch. We looked around there for a while. While we were there a group of kids on a bus from another state came into the place and put on a singing concert. It was really nice.
We left there and headed back to our b&b to pick our laundry. There was a laundrymat 2 blocks from our b&b. There was one woman in there doing her laundry. She looke like she had been smoking meth her whole life. Sad. When our laundry was done, we started folding it on a table in the laundrymat. Another guy had just finished his laundry and started folding his laundry next to Stacy. She wes embarrased to be folding up her unmentionables next o this strange man. Didn't bother me a bit!
TOmorrow we will drive to the top of Pikes Peak at 14,110 feet. We will also visit the Garden of the Gods and 7 Falls. On Saturday, we leave for Estes Park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



9th June 2012

It is just the same as I remember it. Just beautiful MOM
11th June 2012

Ummm...looks like a foot bridge.You SURE you were allowed to drive over that?

Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb