Waterslide


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Castle Rock
July 23rd 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.3759, -104.86

Daivd and Emily woke up just before 7am, so Glenn decided to take them with him to the Toyota dealership. Glenn had called a dealership shop the day before to see if they had 6 screws or something like that for the undercarriage on our RAV 4. Apparently when Glenn had taken the Toyota RAV 4 into the dealership back in March to the dealer in Dallas for a service maintenance and recall procedures, they had not placed the bolts or something correctly. Thus Glenn needed to follow-up on this. So, while Glenn, David and Emily were gone for 45min to 1 hour, I was able to write in my TravelPod and download my photos from yesterday.

As soon as they came back to the hotel room, I got Lucy dressed and we met G'dad, David and Emily at the breakfast room. They were eating yogurt, bananas and waffles. Emily had a "tantrum" in the middle of breakfast, so I took her back up to the room to "cool down". She claimed that David ate some of her breakfast cereal. She soon apologize for "CRYING bloody murder" and we went down to the breakfast area again.

The pool opened up at 9am, and we were down in the slide area by 9:15am. I got our check out extended til 12noon. I lost count of the 40+ times David came down the side. Right off the bat, Emily climbed up the stairs and came down the slide all by her self. She did that three times in a roll, and then she depended on "piggy-backing" with G'dad, Lucy was so cute, she would point up to the stairs when she wanted to slide down. G'dad would not carry her very many times, we figured that having her climb the stairs would get her "worn out". Smart move.

There was another family in the pool area and our g'kids would laugh and scream along with them. At one point, David broke 1 of his "floatie" so, this other family "loaned" us another type of floatie for David to use. Once this other family left, G'dad, told David to use the "broken" floatie and put it under his armpit, and pretend it was a football. It was still inflated, just couldn't be wrapped around his arm. David would laugh and laugh, and would sometimes, drop the "broken floatie" down the slide. Glenn said it's like a little boy and his toy boat!

We stayed in the pool until 10:30am. Everyone was tired. OH, Grammie, even went down the water-slide. Emily didn't go down nearly as much as David. She was content to float in the little pool, and especially when the water rushes off the slide it can push you like you are floating down the Lazy River.

The two oldest got dressed and G'dad started feeding them lunch. PB and J sandwich. He also strapped Lucy in the booster seat and sat her on the ground. We got all packed up and loaded everything up on the cart. Note photo.

Once we got loaded up in the car, we stopped under the canopy of the hotel, and Dad screwed in the undercarriage with the screws he got from the dealership earlier in the morning.

We made a phone call to the Sagastumes (friends that live in Colorado Springs) and found out that they were up in Denver. We also connected with Ken and Lori McCune to see when they were going to be in Colorado. She said, they would be flying to Black Forest on Sunday, and that we could connect with them on Monday. I'll call her tomorrow and see how their plans develop.

Driving back from Colorado Springs, I chose to drive on CO 83 - just to avoid the FAST pace traffic on I 25. We tried to go to two garages sales, but they were already closed down.

Glenn needed to fill up, so I knew there was a grocery store off of CO 86, and sure enough a gas station too. He filled up Ellen's van along with my RAV 4.

We came on home and declared to the g'kids that we were going on a camping trip. The camping trip is that we'll stay downstairs in the basement for the next 2 nights. It's cooler down here, plus the kids won't/can't destroy the rest of the house. This Grammie is too old to go up and down the stairs all day chasing the g'kids.

G'dad and David left at 4pm for the Wal-mart store to get a hair cut. I got permission/blessing from Ellen. Plus I think they need to take some stuff back and purchase some water, cereal and few more items.

It's 5:30pm - and Lucy is in her pack n play (I don't think she is asleep). Emily is laying on the floor
Lucy loved sitting at the edge of the slideLucy loved sitting at the edge of the slideLucy loved sitting at the edge of the slide

feeling the water rushed around her
under a pink princess pop-up tent and I am pretty sure she is sound asleep. Lucy had a 1 hour nap traveling in the RAV 4 today - Emily didn't take a nap. I'm going to rest up until David and G'dad returns.

1 hour layer - Lucy had a dirty diaper. Emily fell asleep in your princess tent in our downstairs cabin and then wakes up with a dirty diaper which meant she had to go to the "river" to wash down. She smiled. And I also got to roll her hair up.

G'dad and David came back from getting their hair cut. They stopped by McDonalds on their way home. David was super tired and fell asleep on the coach.

That's our day. Another fun day with the g'children. Going to miss these kids!




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb