Day 2 - Breckenridge, etc.


Advertisement
Published: July 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Copper MountainCopper MountainCopper Mountain

between Breckenridge and Vail on I-70
We had planned to hike today but decided I needed some specialized camera filters. No camera stores nearby but we found one in Breckenridge and drove there. It was a scenic drive and we LOVED the small town of Frisco on the way there. Breckenridge is VERY upscale and has a cool factor, but it is too much. We had lunch in Breckenridge just as the daily afternoon thunderstorm came. It spoiled my chance for good pictures - although I took several, the lighting was poor and they needed a lot of editing. Copper Mountain on the way back was very impressive. We stopped and had dinner in Vail at Garfinkels right at the bottom of the ski lifts. We tried to catch a concert but by the time we found out where it was, it had already started.
Tomorrow we are biking down from Vail Pass and will bike all the way back to Avon. It will be about 26 miles, not counting the downhill part.
Real estate here is in another stratosphere.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

BreckenridgeBreckenridge
Breckenridge

between the storms
Paula and KiaPaula and Kia
Paula and Kia

Our next car? I love it!
GarfinkelsGarfinkels
Garfinkels

When we saw the Maple Leaf, we just had to eat here!
BoathouseBoathouse
Boathouse

This is at the rec center near Christie Lodge where we are staying.


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb