Our first day at sea


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
March 6th 2014
Published: September 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.3856, -118.85

"Yes. Just a minute. What time is it?" Mom greeted the knock on our stateroom door at 7:30am. Oh ya. She ordered room service. Coffee and yogurt. We have no idea that it's light outside since were in our tomb but it's time to get up. In about an hour we're out and up to breakfast, sitting by the pool. It's foggy out and the ship's horn sounds every 4 minutes, warning other mariners of our presence.

Boomer and I go down to get our internet accounts in order. The place is packed and it takes almost an hour. We break from the herd, leaving Min, Alan and the parents to watch the movie "Gravity" while we finished yesterday's blog, had some soup, lounged by the aft pool and hung out at the "Password" game show. Mom ordered a "Bloody Mary". Boomer called on our walkie-talkies we and met him at Alfredo's Pizza. Good pizza. Boomer polished off Mom's Bloody Mary. We watched some guys doing tricks while making Martinis. Mom saw some old guy hitting another old guy with his cane but the elevator door closed so we missed what followed. These guys are tough characters. Just try to cut them off in the bingo line!

Now back to our rooms for a shower and ready for our fancy dinner tonight at 6pm. On the menu, the "surf & turf". Mmmmmm. Our seating was screwed up and so for tonight we sat at separate tables. Karen and I had a good group with six others but Boomer's table proved to be less than interesting. We went to what we thought was a Beach Boys show but turned out the guy playing the guitar once talked to one of the Beach Boys. I think we're going back to the room for the night. Min and Boomer went to the "Movie under the Stars", a giant movie screen outdoors up on the pool deck where you can lay out on the lounge chairs with blankets and popcorn. Meanwhile, I'm down in the room working on this blog while Mom takes a shower.

I haven't posted any blogs yet because I can't add my pictures. It seems I forgot to bring an adapter to attach my camera to this I-Pad. Boomer has workaround using his laptop to email the pictures but I must rely on him and his availability. Looks like my posts will run a day or two behind real time. Sorry


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



9th March 2014

Sounds like your both having a blast! Send us pics!! Looooove are you guys!

Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.107s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb