1st A Graduation to Attend


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
June 12th 2017
Published: June 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After a couple of days of packing up the RV we were able to leave in the early evening, only a couple of hours later than we’d hoped.

Packing for a month on the road; freezing cold to moderately warm weather, enough stuff and food for 3 grandkids and Dale and I, and enough of everything to survive, we were off. The RV was stuffed, every bit of storage space stuffed, fridge and freezer stuffed until one had to push the doors closed. Add to all of our supplies, extra food requested by Bekki and our grandkids in NV, my sewing machine and whatever else Bekki needed.

We had to head to Nate’s as his oldest boy was graduating from high school. Elias, was, Master of Ceremonies and Salutatorian. We know him as our grandson so watching him give a speech and smoothly handle the ceremony was a real thrill. We were the dutiful proud grandparents.

Elias and I have always had a good relationship. When he was small, and the family lived in China, he’d call and talk to me until the phone card would run out of time. We have had great discussions on every topic over the years. He is the one we spent several weeks with in Europe and enjoyed most every minute.



This trip we had great discussions on the UK elections. He came rushing into the RV on the morning after the results. Fortunately, I’d checked the news so we were both very happy that May had lost! It was so fun to share that with him. Now he will be off to college and a new chapter of his life.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb