Day 2 at Disneyland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
April 28th 2012
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.8121, -117.919

Today we were up bright and early so we could be at Disneyland by Early Entry.

In the first hour at Disneyland we were able to ride all the attractions in Fantasyland (including Tea Cups), Star Tours and Space Mountain.

On the way to breakfast we bumped into the Davidson's and chatted with them for a little while. Then Nikki and I went to the new Jolly Holiday Bakery and the girls went to Jamba Juice for breakfast.

The girls met up with us and we went to ride the Jungle Cruise and Indiana Jones. Then we went to shopping on Main Street for a few trinkets. We decided to get a silhouette of the girls.

Then it was off to Critter Country to ride Splash Mountain and Winnie the Pooh. Then over to the ride the Mark Twain.

After the ride on the Mark Twain the girls were starving so Nikki, Regan and I ate at Stage Door Cafe and Kelsie went to get food from Bengal BBQ and corn on the cob from a cart. We watched a show out front of the Golden Horseshoe Review before heading back to ride its a small world.

We then started to leave Disneyland Park to head back to the Grand Californian so that we could take an afternoon break. On the way out the Dapper Dan's were performing and Kelsie wanted to watch them. Little did she know that they were going to take her up with them and have her sing two numbers. She did a great job!

On the way back to the hotel, we cut through Disney California Adventure to get FastPasses for Soarin Over California. Then back to the room where Regan and Kelsie took a nap and Nikki and I went to the pool.

After getting put back together, we went back into Disney's California Adventure to use our FastPasses and then we decided to go eat at Tony Roma's across the street. The food was what we remembered from when we used to have these at home. The girls were worried about the onion loaf but, became fans once they tried them. The girls went into Disneyland while Nikki and I went back to the room to relax.

Davidson's and their friend Carol came to watch World of Color from the Balcony at the Grand Californian Hotel.

Then we were off to bed to get ready for our exciting embarkation day tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



29th April 2012

Can't wait to hear about Hawaii, have a great time!!
29th April 2012

Have a wonderful time!! You're off to a great start.
29th April 2012

What songs did Kelsie sing and did you try to record it I would love to have heard her. This is the part that I miss most of all so I am so grateful that you have a blog so that we can share a little. It sounds like fun to me and I am so
grateful that you are there.
29th April 2012

Enjoy your cruise! and tell us about your Hawaiian experience once you get back
29th April 2012

wow the girls are growing up! What room type are you in that you can see World of Color? Enjoy the rest of the DL days before your amazing cruise!
1st May 2012

Not sure how old your girls are but it sure does seem like you enjoy traveling together as a family. Would love to meet up sometime!

Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.4mb