Yosemite


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
October 4th 2014
Published: October 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We drove for about 4 hrs to reach Yosemite from Kings Canyon. This involved driving dowm through twisty mountain roads into the Fresno valley ( very hot, flat and dry (they have had a drought in California)) and then straight a while, before driving back up through the twisty tuurny mountain roads into the pine forests of Yosemite. Here we again stayed in a nice national park campsite.We were lucky to get a space as although it is October now it is still busy. Days are short, but hot and sunny. The first full day we drove to Glacier Point, where there were the most amazing views over Yosemite valley and the half dome rock. There was a telescope there and you could pick out the waterfalls and people walking over the bridges. Then we had a freezing dip in the lake at the campsite before dinner and a campfire.
Next day we drove to Yosemite valley to hike up beside the falls. The valley was packed, and there were more people hiking up beside those falls than in Greenwich Park on a Sunday in summer. Despite the drought the falls looked lovely with the sunshine making rainbows in them.
Next day we drove away from Yosemie Park, slowly making our way across to San Fransisco.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb