California = Spring Break 2013


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
April 1st 2013
Published: September 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

My mom and I went to California over my spring break week! We rented a car and explored: Sonoma, Yosemite, and San Francisco!

We flew into San Francisco, rendevoused at the rental car counter and drove directly to Sonoma that night. We stayed at an Air B and B home. It was amazing! The home was clean and spacious. We each had our own bedroom and bathroom. The kitchen and living room were nice. AND there was a hot tub outside on the back deck! We were about a 5 minute drive to the main central square in Sonoma. Sonoma Valley is the little sister to Napa Valley (therefore less crowded and less expensive!). Sonoma had wine tastings in little shops all around the main square. There were also arts and crafts shops and other fun things to explore. We also drove out to the wineries one day and did wine tastings there. Delicious! Mom and I made a good team because she prefers white wine and I prefer red!

After Sonoma we drove to Yosemite National Park. We stayed our first night at a motel right outside the park. The next day we drove straight into the park and started exploring! We splurged and spent the next night in a hotel in the middle of the park (I think we were at Yosemite Lodge) so we could explore for a second full day. Highlights included: Half Dome, El Capitan, Bridalveil Fall, Tunnel View, and Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias. On the morning we woke up in the park I went on a mini hike on my own right behind our hotel. It was incredible!

In San Francisco we drove and walked up and down the "crookedest street," Lombard Street. We also visited the Golden Gate bridge twice, waiting for the haze to lift so I could get a good picture! We enjoyed the art museum and just wandering around exploring!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.4mb