Departure day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
August 5th 2006
Published: August 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Nation's Giant HamburgersNation's Giant HamburgersNation's Giant Hamburgers

The burgers are good, but the pies are out-of-this-world!

Day 1 - August 5, 2006


Well, nothing worth anything has an easy beginning and so it was with our departure on Saturday. We rushed the "baby", our guinea pig Marshmallow, over to our most excellent babysitters - John Mark, Luke, and Kurt. They are highly enthusiastic and we highly recommend them if you ever need a "baby" sitter. Then there was the matter of the library books that had to be returned. Thank you to my lovely sister Lita for taking care of those!

Finally, 7 suitcases and 7 carry-ons later, we arrived at the airport at approximately 12:30pm for our 1:40pm flight. Our flights were fairly uneventful with the exception of a couple of "unsmooth" landings. Surprisingly, after the second such "ricochet" off the tarmac, one elderly passenger declared "That was the best landing!" and actually clapped her hands. It was hard to decide if she was delusional, drunk, or on drugs. The 3 D's, I call them. Unfortunately, it was foreshadowing at its worst. (Maybe it was a "best" landing, for how easy can it be to bounce a 757 on the runway?)

Arriving late, we decided on a quickie dinner: Little Ceasar's for the kids and Nation's Giant Hamburgers for us. The burgers were fine, but what puts Nation's head and shoulders above the rest are their fabulous, too-good-for-words Pies (yes, that is pies with a capital "P"). Scott and I tried the chocolate cream and pecan. The portions are huge (read: lasted for a couple of days) and worth every diet-busting bite! Their milkshakes are awesome as well!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb