Ever Evolving Travel Pans


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
February 26th 2013
Published: February 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well, how life changes in an instant.

So we had lots of plans, lots of trips in the various stages of planning, but alas all have changed.

I worked out of town until just recently so that made any kind of travel difficult. Then last fall our oldest granddaughter came to live with us making any travel outside of school breaks virtually impossible.

We’d planned to do Santa Fe and go to the cooking school last Thanksgiving. Alas, not only was I working but our daughter-in-law couldn’t travel at that time. So now we thought that we’d go to Santa Fe during spring break and take our granddaughter and oldest grandson. We have made our reservations at the Santa Fe School of Cooking and paid for 3 classes: Chili Rellenos, hands on class, Contemporary Southwest and Traditional New Mexican classes. I made sure that the classes were available then booked our airline tickets. Last week I got our hotel from Hotels.com as we were just shy of a second free night. So all is paid for. I’ll do another blog on plans for the Santa Fe trip later.

As for Europe, well we still plan to go, just not live there for 4 months. Our granddaughter must likely go to summer school so we must plan around that. Once we speak with her counselor we can better plan on when she can go.

We’d planned to bring over the 3 older grandkids for the last 2 months of our stay. Now our grandson would prefer to stay and work at the business he has started. Our #2 granddaughter only wanted to stay for a short time but has now been convinced of the folly of her thoughts and will come with us. My thinking today is that I’ll take her earlier and my husband can stay with #1 granddaughter until summer session is over then come to Europe. Thoughts on this new plan are just being formed so I’ll blog another time on these.

Unfortunately we have little time to make firm plans. I need to buy airline tickets for at least the 2 of us and will buy them next week.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.485s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb