Carpinteria -> Los Angeles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
October 11th 2011
Published: October 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Last official day of tour! Played drink games last night, which was good for bonding. Probably should have been organised earlier in the tour. Left washing in hotel dryer last night - when I went to collect it was still wet. Spent half an hour trying to dry my dress with a hairdryer. Nothing else clean.
Asked mum to send me a picture of dog because I miss him. She sent a pic with him sneering at the camera. Spent a good 5 mins on the floor laughing over this.
Drove straight to Hollywood from the hotel. Napped a little bit and listened to Eileen's facts and history. Did you know that Thomas Edison (lightbulb guy) owned a whole lot of patents to do with film indutry, and the studios ran away out west to escape him so they didn't have to pay?
Stopped at "The Grove" in Hollywood. Great weather - walked around. Saw Mario Lopez was filming his reality tv show there. He has not aged since Saved by the bell. Looks very plasticy. Also saw Demi Lovato who was a guest on his show. Her SUV dropped her off right next to us, which was out of the public eye. She looked like she was going through the motions. Felt very sorry for her. Others who saw her later said she was very bubbly, etc.
Had a look in a dog bakery. This was a bakery with nice food, but for dogs. I got dragged away before I could by Bob a onesie.
Nice lunch - had a rib eye melt, but not as good as in the GC.
Tour of Hollywood in bus. Stopped at Kodak Theatre. Tiger Woods was there doing a golf demo. Have a few pics, plus some NIke golf balls which he was promoting. Nick- you want? Saw a few stars on walk of fame (Britney!!) plus some hand and footprints. Went with Mandy on tour of celebrity homes. Booked this when I was in San Fran and couldn't face idea of walking. It was ok. The trip was good. The roads in the Hollywood hills are awful. Beverly Hills was ok.
Bus to downtown LA. Most of us staying at Kyoto tonight and going to Disneyland so now major goodbyes.
Went to dinner with Elle at a Japanese bar. Very good. One of my top three meals in States. Hit up starbucks for free wifi and now back at hotel. So very tired.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb