Castle and travel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
April 8th 2011
Published: April 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Not too much to report over these past 2 days.  We have mostly been driving down the Pacific Coastal Highway enjoying the beautiful scenery.  We did stop and see the Hearst Castle on our way to our hotel stop in San Luis Obispo.  The castle was amazing, William Hearst was an eclectic man and we are lucky that we get to enjoy all that he built of his 151 room mansion.  There are 4 tours each lasting 70 minutes that you would have to take to see all of the mansion (and thats not including the 20 minutes it takes to get up and back).  
After our stay in San Luis Obispo we got a late start and were on the road by 11, we only stopped once for lunch in Malibu on our way to San Diego. We ate lunch at Paradise Cove in Malibu which was  right on the beach! It was gorgeous! Here you can get a watermelon daiquiri in a whole watermelon, a ice cream cocolada in a whole coconut, and a pineapple tequila mojito in a whole pineapple.  Overall it was a great experience to be eating in Malibu and right on the beach. 
Once back on the road we passed a beach access parking lot that had a sign instructing people to "pay and display" meaning pay at the kiosk and display your stub on the dash, Mom tells me as we pass it that it's a nude beach (or so she thought from the sign). I couldn't stop laughing. 
 We arrived in San Diego at 7:30 and went for a quick dinner at Applebee's, tomorrow brings a day at the San Diego Zoo! Till next time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Hearst CastleHearst Castle
Hearst Castle

Waaay up on the hill
The indoor pool The indoor pool
The indoor pool

Its the one with the gold leafed tiles


11th April 2011

apple bees! I'm so glad your having fun, if its meant to happen we shall meet I'm germany! Be safe B

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb