SoCal Trip - Day 3 - Disneyland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
November 24th 2010
Published: March 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

DisneylandDisneylandDisneyland

The girls in front of Disneyland!
Megan and I woke up before everyone else at 6:00 and worked out in the hotel 'gym'... It turned out to be a tiny room that had a weight station (kinda like an Ikea version of a Bowflex) and some card machines.

After a quick shower we woke up Emma and Erin. We got breakfast at the hotel and got ready for the Disneyland shuttle to arrive.

When the shuttle arrived it was 40 minutes from the hotel and we arrived at 9:40.

Disneyland... What can I say? It's all about the experience... But with a 6 year old? It's even more of an experience!

We started the day off by taking the Monorail and ending up (eventually) out of the park. After figuring out that we weren't even in Disneyland we immediately got back on and ended up in Tomorrowland. After walking for a bit we did the Alice in Wonderland ride and made our way over to the Jungle Cruise. Once two ol' favorites were out of the way my bother Andrew and his fiance Dorothy showed up.

We then all went in the Haunted Mansion which was decked out in Christmas decorations and now had characters from 'Nightmare Before Christmas'. It was a little more accessible for kids and Emma had tons of fun, especially because she loves the 'Nightmare Before Christmas' movie.

Then it was on to Davy Crockett's canoes, Pirates of the Caribbean and Splash Mountain. Emma and I sat out of Splash Mountain and let Erin, Emma, Andrew and Dorothy go on the ride.

The first meltdown happened on Indiana Jones... It started with the scary movies they were playing while we were waiting in line and ended with the huge boulder that almost crashes into the car! Combine all this with spiders and snakes and you get a major Emma melt-down... Yes, we just bought a few years of therapy but she'll be stronger in the long run. 😊

We calmed things down with the Submarine Voyage, which has been re-branded as "Finding Nemo".

By this time, it was getting colder. As the sun was going down we took a quick trip back to the Hotel to grab what little warmer clothes we had.

Going back to Disneyland we all went on the Buzz Lightyear ride, which was pretty cool.

We then split up with Erin and I going to Space Mountain and Emma and Megan going to Small World and Storybook Lane. After waiting in line for a little over an hour, they closed the Space Mountain ride. Kinda killed wanting to go on it if they are closing the ride down!

We met back up with Megan and Emma and finished the evening with Mr. Toad's Wild Road, Pinnochio and Snow White.

After this it was back to the Hotel and getting some sleep!


...



Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1166s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb