California Here We Come


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
April 26th 2008
Published: April 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got an early start today - - on the road by 5:40 AM. Our route took us through Southwest Virginia which had a beautiful springtime freshness. The trees in the roadside landscape were almost fully leafed in central Virginia. The further west we went the leaves were not as far along and the budding trees on the hillsides displayed a variety of shades of green: bright lime green, drab olive green, yellow green and whitish green with deep green evergreens interspersed. Here and there white dogwood blooms floated in the woods and purple redbud lined the road. The prettiest area was Christiansburg mountain. The trees had barely budded and the trees just had an aura of delicate green around them. The redbuds were outstanding. There weren’t just single ones here and there, but dozens together creating large patches of purple on the mountains. The soft color combinations were great. God did a wonderful job with the colors of nature.
We traveled through Virginia and at Knoxville, TN turned west towards Nashville. It was a cloudy day and we ran into a brief shower outside of Knoxville. We like to travel on weekends because the traffic is lighter and that was certainly the case today. We moved into the central time zone so we stopped alittle earlier than usual at a Walmart outside of Nashville to spend the night. We were ready for some down time.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb