Day 3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
July 23rd 2018
Published: July 23rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Not so early awakening at 8:15, but the sun was already warming up the vehicle.





After some breakfast and RV maintenance we were driving north towards the Hagen Canyon with two Peter's hands on the wheel. Very impressive rock formations so we hiked a little bit under a scorching sun.









We saw a white lizard there.





After that we needed to cool off inside first.




And beef jerky is so tasteful!




After that only a kilometer or so there was Richardo's camping ground where we parked our RV and did some more hiking, this time only four of us. Margie stayed inside and cooled off with a help of a generator powered air-conditioner.




Apparently this is one of the rare places in US of A where you cannot exercise you God given right to shoot something/somebody.





Some more crazy wind&rain sculpturing.







Who is watering this plant?



Apparently a part of the original 'Planet of the Apes' was shot there. Can you imagine being at 40C inside these monkey costumes? Maybe these shots were made during winter, at only 30C.



Around 14:30 we continued north and arrived in Lone Pine to do some grocery shopping and to buy a National Park entrance card. After that we parked inside a Boulder Creek RV Resort, which proved to be a very nice place with a small pool and a spa with hot water and jacuzzi. We prepared a BBQ, although some of us were participating in different ways.





After we cleaned up the place we enjoyed an hour of relaxation in the pool.

Upon returning from the pool an icecream-turned-mousse was sooooo gooooood!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb