We made it!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
October 6th 2012
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.6252, -121.328

We got up, had breakfast and took the car back. No problems. We drove almost 4000 km, which is about 2500 miles. They dropped us off a the airport and we took the bus into Rome. We got on the Metro and headed over to Trevi Fountain. I is a beautiful fountain. There were hundreds of people around it, including a bunch of bus tour people. We stayed for a little while and then headed over to the Hard Rock Cafe for some lunch. Best cheseburger in a long time.
We got back onto the Metro and headed to the Colliseum. When you get off the Metro and go up the stairs, the Colliseum is right in front of you. Very impressive! We were out of Euros and didn't want to get anymore, as we have to get $100 worth each time. The Colliseum only takes cash and there were a ton of people there also, so we walked around the area for a while and then headed back to the bus to take us back to the airport. We then hopped on another bus to take us back to the hotel.
We got up early Friday morning and headed to the airport to catch our plane. The plane to Munich was 40 minutes late. We had an hour layover in Munich. When we arrived in Munich, the plane parked out on the tarmac and we had to take a bus to the terminal. We quickly checked to see which gate our next plane was and headed for it. They were calling our name over the PA, telling us to get to the gate as the plane was leaving. We ran to the gate and were the last ones on the plane.
We were supposed to have a 2 hour layover in London, but the second plane was late. When we arrived in London, we found out that we had to go thru security again. We ended up going thru 3 different security areas before getting to a United Airlines desk. They reissued us new boarding passes and told us that the plane was boarding now. We found a sign leading us to our gate. It said that it would take 20 minutes to get to our gate from there. We hustled again to catch our plane. We were one of the last people to ge on the plane. We then sat there for over 45 minutes because they forgot to fuel the plane! We finally left for San Francisco. We arrived around 6PM, got our rental car and headed over to the hotel. We were asleep in about a half hour. We both woke up around 2:30AM and were wide awake, so we decided to drive home. We took showers, stopped for breakfast and got home around 7:00AM. Boy its great to be back home. I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed! Another trip completed. Thanks to everyone for all of the comments about the trip.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



12th October 2012

Hi Bob,Sounds like you and Stacy had a great trip. We would like to go back to Italy again. Glenn, me, Dawn and Dave leave for Spain on Monday. We will try to do a blog or maybe e-mails to let you know how it is going. We are excited.BTW, w
hat did you and Stacy pack in this time?DEb

Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb