Are we there yet? Day 11


Advertisement
Published: April 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Since Tioga Pass from the east was closed and caused us to change our plans of crossing Nevada to get to California. our approach to the park from the south allowed us to see several prominent landmarks, half dome, el capitian, and the falls. We had our picture taken with that backdrop. The park was crowded, and unlike some of the others, individual cars were permitted to go throughout the park. This early in the season it was packed, I would not like to travel here in the summer.

A spring visit has bountiful waterfall displays. We hiked to Bridal Veil falls and could not go as far we wanted to because the mist from the falls showered us with water like a spring rainfall. While on our walk of the Village, we noticed gravestones of pioneer explorers of the park. Again, the pictures are not powerful enough to provide a sense of the beauty of the park.

After touring the park, we spent the night in Walnut Creek so we could visit with friends the morning before touring Napa Valley. Walnut Creek is near San Francisco, and the California drivers are absolutely crazy. We experienced serious California driving, six lanes of traffic in each direction. We enjoyed a nice Italian dinner at a friendly Italian restaurant.

Our first stop before entering Yosemite, was the Yosemite Pine Railroad. It has nice late 1800 artifacts of pioneer living, we photographed a few.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb