More of the best in Yosemite


Advertisement
Published: September 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 24th August
After a good 11 hours of sleep we were ready to tackle some more hikes. This time we headed to the top of the mountain and walked to Taft Point for some spectacular views of the valley floor and where we had explored the day before. It was fun looking down, but we were both grateful for the metal railing put in to aid the view.

We then hiked along the mountain edge to Glacier Point. This time we had a view of; Half Dome, North Dome, Basket Dome and much more. It was a tremendous view and after 4 hours of walking we enjoyed an ice cream and a break in the coffee shop.

Then it was a push for the last view of the day and certainly the best. We climbed up a steep path to the top of Sentinel Dome for a 360 view of Yosemite Park. It was stunning and the pictures probably don't do it justice, but at least give you an idea.

Looking back it would have been fun to do the walk from top to bottom which was 13 miles, but we would have missed 2 view points, and the other big walk was to the top of Half Dome 17 miles one way. Gra was glad we didn't have time for that one!

Our legs decided we had done enough walking and again we headed for showers and food before another early night. The next day we planned golf as a treat for Gra after all the hiking trails I had dragged him on!! And it was a good way of stretching our legs before a 6 hour drive to Barstow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb