Day ??? (I've lost count and don't care) 1200 miles and counting !!


Advertisement
Published: April 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well its been 8 days since I last blogged so there is lots and lots to write about.

Left Anaheim for Las Vegas via coach with the the group. The trip really proved to us how LV is in the middle of nowhere, just desert and not much else.

Vegas was a little over the top and seedy for the kids but we stil had a great time visting all the Casino lobbies (all the free stuff). The Bellagio fountain is something that you need to see to believe... Its took my breath away. We spent 3 nights there, and most of the time with Lee and Geoff and family. Everyone else in the big group left after the 2nd night so it was just the 9 of us from then on.

Geoff and I hit the Casino on two nights until after 2:30am and whilst I lost in the end, I only lost $20us all up. Not bad I though for hours and hours of fun.

We bid of farwells to the Lee and Geoff and family over breakfast on day 4 in Vegas, where we went and picked up our rental car (or bus) from Vegas airport.

We programed the NeverLost GPS with San Diego and hit the road. After 2 miles we got lost, and then got lost more. We quickly discovered that this NeverLost thing sucks in tight streets, but is OK on the freeways. Anyway we eventually managed to get on the correct freeway pointing to San Diego. Stopped for lunch at Barstow at BurgerKing, too many burgers!! AHHHHHH

Arrived in San Diego in one piece with not too much hassle and checked into the Days Inn. Not much to speak of, very average really, but the beds where comfotarble and thats just what we needed.
The next day started early and went off the Lego land which was really great. The lines for rides where short so we managed to get on a lot of them. Even Abbey went on her first roller coaster whivh looked like it was made from lego!! (I didnt feel very safe on it cause I remeber how my lego cars always feel to bits@!!).

Next day we left San Diego and made Pismo Beach with stops at Santa Barbara for lunch. Decided to check into a luxury villa called Dolphin Shores Resort. WOW... THis is the best place I have every eery stayed at. The room was enormous with two bedroms , two bathrooms, full kitchen, home theatre with large screen TV (free DVD popcorn and chocolate), open fireplace that started by puching a button on the wall (how easy). Teh pool and sap where heated (the pool was like a bath and the sap was hot hot hot. The staff where friendly anfd helpful. One day I wil come back to this resort for longer than one night.

Next day left Pismo Beach and traveled to Big Sur where onthe bendy roads and after eatting a large icrean, Balke threw up all over the rental car... Anyway to cut the story short, we managed to clean it up onthe side of the road and continued to Big Sur Lodge for the night. We had a great anf most probably the best meal of the trip yum.

Next day travelled to Yesomite NP, and checked into Tenaya Lodge where I am now as I write thsi blog. Was told by the staff to remove all food, food warppings and even esky looking things as the bears will break into the car to get at it.

So far travelled arpound 1200 miles over 4 days. I am enjoying the driving and the every changin scenary. Lyn commented today she has taken photos of the beach and ocean and then of the wilderness and snow/ice...

Any way will try and write another blog tomorrow evening as we are booked on a day tour of Yesomite valley and water falls. Should be good.

W






Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1103s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb