How we got here.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Windsor
March 29th 2018
Published: March 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Cathy and I are headed to San Francisco for a couple of days before we depart. We get to see our friend Dudley Connell and the Seldom Scene perform in Berkeley on Friday night and spend Easter with Alex and Jeff before boarding on Sunday.

When we retired, one of our priorities was travel. Our experience so far told us that the aspect of travel that we appreciate is to get to really know the areas we visit, by "living" there. While we try to log some tourist attractions, what we really enjoy is to spend time in the neighborhoods, visiting coffee shops, wine bars and local restaurants.

We joined up with our friends Glen and Karen and chose Portugal. It's an area we haven't seen, that is a little less traveled and frankly, a little less expensive than many other European destinations. We have rented a 3 bedroom apartment in Lisbon through Airbnb for the month of April. Visitors are coming for various parts of the month. There are a couple of overnight side trips planned. One to the Algarve, along the southern coast, in the beach town of Salema. The other to the northern city of Porto, a working city near the Port and wine growing region.

We'll keep you updated as we go.

Advertisement



30th March 2018

??
Have a memorable time!!

Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1856s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb