Mendicino County, CA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Willits
July 21st 2010
Published: July 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

So we made it from Eureka to Willits today. Our intention was to park the coach in Leggett and take the Celica down the coast and then come back to retrieve the coach. When we stopped, we noticed that there was a bubble on one of the car tires, so limped into Willits and a Les Schwab for a new set of tires. Since it was approaching evening, I asked if we could park in the lot out back of the store for the night. It would have been hard, after buying a new set of tires, for them to turn me down 😊!!

So here we are in Willits...had a salad and burger at Buster's Burgers and Brew...not bad, but the waitress had a crush on Glenn, so my service was a little "wanting"...

Eureka reminded me a bit of Richland, WA...50's vintage, but not much going on since then...they have revamped the historical downtown, but the balance of it was just run-down and a little dirty...we did eat lunch at "The Cookhouse", where they still feed you as they did the loggers in the late 19th Century. Homestyle, and you could have chicken or chicken...it was really tasty and you could not possibly leave hungry!!!

We walked around the historical part for a bit, and down the boardwalk, but it was only a block long and didn't really go anywhere...the marina was a lot more interesting...

So tomorrow we're going to try to park the coach at yet another casino and venture toward the coast. Fort Bragg is our first stop. Then down to Anchor Bay...well, that's the plan anyway...as was seen today, plans change given the immediate circumstances 😊

Wish us luck!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb