Summer Vacation 2011 - Here We Come!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Ventura
July 17th 2011
Published: July 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Mom&MeMom&MeMom&Me

My beautiful mom and I
Well, it's been one year since our epic journey - California to New Orleans with stops in Arizona, Texas, Tennessee, Missouri, Kansas, Utah and Neveda. So many times in the past year, we have recounted just how amazing that trip was and clearly led into a very exciting year for us both! We bought our first house and moved in at Christmastime 2010. It is fantastico! A two-story with travertine tiles, a beautiful kitchen island and a yard that we just finished having landscaped. We have spent so much time (and so much money!) on making it ours. This summer vacation 2011 couldn't come at a better moment.

Five days ago my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, but one of her earliest demands to Jim and I was that we were not, under any circumstances, to cancel our trip. I thank her for that but she will be on my mind more so than any other time in my life. The road ahead for her seems long with stops for chemo, surgery and what we anticipate to be a long recovery. I am happy that our family has united and will come at this with everything we got! But that others will take the lead for the next few weeks and I will relieve upon our return.

This weekend we began our routine - preparing our lists, checking them twice - making sure that we have all the creature comforts of a road trip, 'our way'. We have mastered road trip traveling like no others and I am very much looking forward to departure day on Friday, July 22nd - our traditional departure day.

So here's the itinerary in a nutshell - up the California coast, Oregon coast, into Idaho with a stop in Salt Lake for Jim's folks' 50th wedding anniversary celebration, a week in Moab and a long weekend in Vegas - Here. We. Come!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb