Nash & Nicholas Nuptials


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Truckee
August 13th 2011
Published: September 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Another new town visited for me. After living in California for 6 years and many trips up and down the state I had never been to the Lake Tahoe area. Granted I moved to California to get away from the cold and snow and have only snow skied once in my life. But Jared & Kendra's wedding brought us to Truckee and what a fantastic time we had.

This was the first wedding we had attended since our own two ceremonies. Jared & Kendra met in Truckee almost 8 years ago. Jared was working in the culinary field and Kendra was doing the ski bum thing after graduating from UCLA. It all started in a little bar in Truckee and in this same town almost 8 years later we celebrated with them for 4 nights of fun times.

We were able to meet Kendra's family and see Jared's family again as Pete grew up with Jared in Portland. Pete was honored to be a part of their wedding and gave the best man speech, as Jared's brother Leland, was not able to attend since he is stationed in Japan with the Navy. Even though Leland was not able to attend he did write a letter to the couple that was read during the ceremony that brought many of us to tears and was a surprise to the rest of the family.

We met so many wonderful people during our 4 night stay in Truckee and are thankful to our amazing friends, Jared & Kendra, that we could be a part of their special day. Since both of them are business owners they will have a delayed honeymoon in Bali.

Please enjoy all the photos as we had 3 days and nights of wonderful events.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb