The Rock


Advertisement
Published: October 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Four years ago we were having breakfast with our good friend Mary in her Jenner, CA digs when the phone rang. It was her friend, Malcom, who happens to be the local real estate guy. He asked, "Hey Mary, you wanna buy the rock?" Mary said, "Sure!", looked at us and asked, "you wanna go halves?" Since I had recently gotten a fat check for minimal hail damage to my car, I said, "sure!" and voila, we owned California coastal property. The rock is a six story 3 acre outcropping in the middle of Jenner, contiguous to Mary's property. Now there is a certain caveat. The rock cannot be developed... ever. What the rock has though is immeasurable. It has a commanding view of where the Russian River flows into the Pacific Ocean. For those few intrepid enough to climb it, there are flat spots to throw out a sleeping bag and camp out for the night. It proves to be an amazing spot on the planet to wake up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



4th October 2009

The Rock rocks
The Rock rocks!....what a sweet memory I have of wet on the outside, warm on the inside sleeping bags and lots of seals at the confluence of the the river and ocean....one of my bestest memories!!! Love to you both!!!!!

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb