Day Trip to Sequoia National Park


Advertisement
Published: May 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On the way to Sequoia National ParkOn the way to Sequoia National ParkOn the way to Sequoia National Park

This is so deliciously white trash!!!
Patrice and I took another one of our spontaneous one day road trips. This morning we headed out on the road to Sequoia National Park. We loaded up on Starbucks and were on the road by 6am. About 4 hours later we were on the twisting road heading into the park. As we climbed in elevation, snow started to appear on the ground and the Giant Sequoias started sprouting up. We started driving into the Giant Forest where the largest of the Sequoias were to be found. Many of the Sequoias here grow to a height of over 200 feet tall and up to 100 feet in circumference. After stopping at the Giant Forest Museum to check out the information and exhibits on display, we drove to the area where the largest trees were. We found the General Sherman Tree which is considered the world's largest living thing in terms of volume and reaches a height of about 275 feet. Standing there at the foot of the tree and looking up at it's awesome size was pretty amazing! Since it was a pretty chilly spring day here at Sequoia, there wasn't that many people visiting the park. This made walking around the groves a very quiet and peaceful experience. Continuing our drive through the park, we made our way into Kings Canyon National Park before heading back on the road towards home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Sequoia National ParkSequoia National Park
Sequoia National Park

Patrice's model pose!!!
Sequoia National ParkSequoia National Park
Sequoia National Park

Just listening to the river sing sweet songs!!!!
Sequoia National ParkSequoia National Park
Sequoia National Park

The General Sherman Tree.....World's Largest Tree!!!!
Sequoia National ParkSequoia National Park
Sequoia National Park

Another random tree.........
Driving Along Highway 245Driving Along Highway 245
Driving Along Highway 245

Happy California Cows!!!


Tot: 0.326s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 72; dbt: 0.142s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb