Moro Rock, Sequoia National Park: November 2006


Advertisement
Published: November 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Once again, my Evite for an overnight trip to see a Meteor shower fell on deaf ears. With not one person interested or able to make it, there was only one option- go alone and experience nature in its purest form- free from social distractions! Sequoia National Park was created by Congress in 1890, becoming the Second National Park in the United States- established even before Yosemite. Only Y... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Dense Conifer Forest, Sequoia National ParkDense Conifer Forest, Sequoia National Park
Dense Conifer Forest, Sequoia National Park

the two peaks are left, Mt. Silliman and Right, Alta Peak 11,204 ft(3015 meters). Half of these trees are untouched old growth Sequoia. The rest is equally impressive stands of White Fir, Red Fir, Jefferey Pine and Cedar.
Dense Conifer Forest, Sequoia National ParkDense Conifer Forest, Sequoia National Park
Dense Conifer Forest, Sequoia National Park

You can tell all the different trees by the color and spread of the crown. On the top of this ridge with rounded tops are the mature Sequoia's. The sindply arm trees look like White Fir.
Moro Rock from the ForestMoro Rock from the Forest
Moro Rock from the Forest

Oak, Fir, Pine and Cedar give way to views of the giant monolith.



30th November 2006

Moro Rock
I enjoyed the overnight tour of Moro Rock!
30th November 2006

heaps of thanks
Thanks Paddy! Now run along and get to that Mackin'....
30th November 2006

my backyard!
is nice to see photos of my own back yard literally- I live in Visalia, but have 13.48 luscious foothill acres between Visalia and Three Rivers!
30th November 2006

Bloody Big Trees!!
Are they really that big?? My favourite pic is the sunset is coming one, and how do you take photos of the Milky Way?? Im noticing a theme in your pictures, seems im not the only one who likes mountains!!! Though i have to say, my obsession starts and ends with Fuji san, I think your a little more open minded!!
30th November 2006

And also...
I thought it was special to have a pic on the front page- now youve got your whole journal on there!! Im soooo jealous!
30th November 2006

Thank you
Too bad we were out of town for this, I would have dragged my husband and tagged along. Beautiful photos!
30th November 2006

Fantastic
Your photos are Fantastic! I love your perspectives, you've really captured the grandeur of the place. I like Stairway Home the best
1st December 2006

thanks a million
Thanks Cranston! Funny, that picture to me isnt my favorite, and I almost didn't include it. Thanks for taking the time to view the pictures... now the next step is to visit the place right? :)
1st December 2006

Really nice pics. The backside view of sawtooth is cool and the air looked very clear.
4th December 2006

Awesome pictures
You should be getting a commission from the National Parks Service
6th December 2006

maybe or maybe not, but I'll take it!
You are far too kind! I dont know if I would go that far, but a commission means I get some sort of payment right?! :)
30th January 2007

Promises, promises
You say your gonna put three new blogs on soon. Enough bundy drinking and get on with it!!
1st February 2007

You've got the right idea man!!!
I must say that one of the most awe-inspiring locations I've ever visited in my life is the Giant Forest. I've been all around the U.S. and some of the Carribean. No where I've traveled am I reminded how magnificent nature truly is, not so far anyway. I must say also that your talent for photography is second-to-none. I was trying to go to the site where you have more of your work...do you know when it will be up and running again? Well, keep up the traveling...I know I will!
31st October 2007

Abandoned house
My family used to own the property that abandoned house is on....along with the house. Crazyness....
11th November 2007

Wow!
That is crazy! About 6 months ago the house started looking like it was being demolished, the trees in the picture were removed, the windows knocked out, etc.. but still it sits the last weekend I went home! I love it, so much character...
14th January 2008

Home!
This are great pics of my former home in the Sierras! Yes, the trees are really that big -- and really much bigger than portrayed in the pictures. It is impossible to capture on camera their immensity -- just as with the Grand Canyon. I feel homesick for the Sierras just looking at these pictures... even though I now live in a forest-city (Portland).
16th October 2008

Felicitaciones
Hola, soy chileno y hace unos dias tuve la posibilidad de conocer tan bello lugar. Es un lugar espectacular que llama obligatoriamente a la refleccion, a pensar que lo mas hermoso y grande en este mundo es la naturaleza y lo que esta significa: Divina Libertad.
8th February 2011
6 ft tall, 1 ft wide - vs -250 ft tall, 15 ft wide

Excellent picture!

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb