The journey begins...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Sebastopol
March 29th 2011
Published: March 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Armchair Traveler has decided it's time to thrust oneself out of the chair and into the world today. She doesn't travel far. Certainly nowhere exotic or impractical. But her choices are limited given that her passport is expired and there are no trains leaving any nearby stations. So home it is. Fortunately the sun is warmer than it's been in days. It's one of those picture perfect backdrops, with puffy, white clouds and an aquamarine sky. The creaky old squeaky trees are groaning with delight and her spirit is buoyant with a sense of adventure and undiscovered territory. Even if this territory lies in her own back yard.

There's a trail that meanders through the neighborhoods of Sebastopol. A cozy, sleepy, wine country town. Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of big city San Francisco, which is just an hours drive south. Not much new out on the trail, and yet things are different too. There are downed pine trees on the side of the road, and fuzzy, yellow pollen blowing in the wind. There are Quail and Blue Jays flitting about and airing out their wings. The rain has finally let up after an almost constant 2 week period of torrential downpours. It's amazing that just yesterday it was looking like the dead of winter and today is hopeful with the scent of spring upon one's nose.

She loves the changing of the seasons, as one morphs into another. She doesn't have to hop on a plane or travel far to experience the gift mother nature provides. All for free. So when it's inclement outside and the weather god's aren't cooperating, she is reminded that such is the nature of beauty...or beauty of nature. Either way, gratitude is always the best attitude.

Advertisement



3rd April 2011

Please keep writing your blog.....
I have read only a few entries and love your writing style and the images that flash through my mind as I read. Thanks!
7th April 2011

Thank you for your words of encouragement! I appreciate the kind sentiment. Will continue to write when I can. Take care.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb