An Endless Summer.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Santa Barbara
October 15th 2015
Published: October 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

'Endless Summer' is the name of one of our favourite bars in Santa Barbara, California.

We have been here in Santa Barbara for just over two weeks and the name of the bar is very appropriate. Despite being in the middle of October it feels more like the height of summer with blue skies and temperatures in the mid eighties to mid nineties degrees F.

We came primarily to catch up with our daughter, Sharon, and the grandchildren but also to enjoy the Californian sunshine, the beaches and mountain walks.

After a long flight, with multiple stop overs, we arrived into Los Angeles quite late at night so, after collecting the rental car, stopped off in a motel close by. Next day we spent visiting 'Big Bear' a place close to L.A we tried to see a couple of years ago but got turned back due to snow, it was two days before Christmas! No problem this time, despite being high in the mountains it was hot up there.

The following day, recovered from our jet lag, we drove to Santa Barbara to meet up with Sharon and co. We have rented a place a ten minute drive away which turned out to be brilliant. Lovely views over the mountains from the back patio and only ten minutes drive from the harbour, beaches and Downtown State Street. Another bonus was that we had access to a pool and hot tub. A great place to cool down during the day and after dark, due to the high temperatures, a place to hang out and socialise with other residents. I've lost count of how many times we have swam under the stars in an inky black sky!

Most of our days we have spent catching up with and getting to know Kyla and Jake, the grandchildren, As Santa Barbara is a major holiday resort there is no shortage of things to do here, beaches ,parks, playgrounds and child friendly museums to name but a few. We've also been trekking in the mountains, as many of you will know, a favourite pastime of ours.

We have another two weeks left, let the summer be endless!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Sunset from our patioSunset from our patio
Sunset from our patio

We sent many evenings sipping wine watching the sun set
Trip out to Los Padres National parkTrip out to Los Padres National park
Trip out to Los Padres National park

Stormy skies today but still really hot
James Joyce Jazz Club.James Joyce Jazz Club.
James Joyce Jazz Club.

Night out on State Street. Great band, great dancers!


18th October 2015

We have moved too!
Dear Stan and Sheila, It is always good to get your blog and see your new adventures. I thought I would let you know that I am no longer at Abraham Moss or Manchester. I finally managed to get a job in the UAE and so we moved to Abu Dhabi at the end of August and are now also enjoying an endless summer and pursuing our long held dream to live in the sun. We visited Oman again this weekend on a bit of a staycation and we were here at Easter. I have to say, if you've never been to Oman I would recommend it as a fantastic country to visit and nothing like its skyscraper neighbours. if you're ever visiting Abu Dhabi, drop me an email and we can show you around. Lucy.
19th October 2015

Endless summer
That sounds great Lucy, we will keep that in mind if we're ever that way. So glad to hear you are following your dream.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb