The fast road to San Francisco


Advertisement
Published: July 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

After visiting Death Valley we were desperate to get somewhere cooler so we spent a couple of nights camping in Chino Hills just outside LA and it was nice to have cool air rather than hot, blow through the tent. We had managed to organize a relocation van from LA to San Francisco for $1 a day with only one catch; they wanted it back in 3 days so we had to get our skates on. The van or should I say bus was huge; a real home away from home and so we left LA all excited again and kept breaking into renditions of the “San Francisco… with flowers in my hair….” song.

We stopped at Santa Barbara and walked along the boardwalk and around the town and visited the impressive courthouse; we both wanted to stay here but the town was not very camper van friendly so reluctantly we left but we were happy with where we landed; Morro Bay. We arrived late and couldn’t find a camp site so we stayed in a lay-by by the camp ground and had a few glasses of wine. In the morning we moved the van a couple of yards away in the marina car park which was a beautiful spot and then walked into the town. There was a market on and lots of lovely shops to look around all washed down with a couple of beers in a local pub. On the way back we bought fresh pop corn or Kettle corn and ate it on the long walk back. That evening we decided to stay in the car park and had a nice tea and more wine, it was bliss.

Sunday was a relaxing day; a bit of driving and finding a power site was the objective for the day, stopping at a Spanish car-boot sale along the way. The power site was a bit of a disaster as our van was faulty and the power wasn’t working but we decided to finish the rest of the wine and count ourselves lucky we had only had to pay for camping once in the past 3 days. The next day we arrived in San Francisco, we had to rush the Pacific coast so we are going back to see some of the things we missed and next time I will get those flowers to put in my hair…



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Hippy VanHippy Van
Hippy Van

This was parked at the beach front in Santa Barbara, covered in trinkets; it looked cool.


Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0987s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb