From Mexico on to Hollywood and up the coast


Advertisement
Published: May 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi,

So I've survived Mexico! Having spent a couple of nights in Meixco city we got the bus down to Acapulco. We found a cheap hostel and a nice posh hotel nearby that we snuck into in the day to lounge by the pool. So we spent the week on the beach and by the pool as there was not much else to do in the area and then got the bus back up to Mexico city to fly out from. By this point i was (and i never thought i'd say this) thoroughly sick of mexican food.

There, Daisy and I parted ways and she went on to Thalaind and I flew to LA. I had a few manic days there visiting Hollywood and the Warner Bros. studioes and a few other landmarks before getting the bus yesterday to Santa Barbara - a nice quiet place on the coast.

LA was cool but pretty hectic. I had a mixed bunch of people in my room including a nice couple from Mumbai and a Colombian actor/dancer/stripper. It turned out that the guy from Mumbai was the world's loudest snorer and the Colombian stripper wasn't going to let anything get in the way of his beauty sleep so as soon as the snoring started the stripper had whirled his sheet up and was slinging it across the room to hit Mr Mumbai until he woke up. The whole charade happened every night and between the snoring and the sheet slinging it was tough to get a good night's sleep.

Santa Barbara is a lot quieter and smaller. My hostel is right on the beach and there are plenty of nice shops and restaurants around (thankfully no mexican food though). I'll be getting the bus tomorrow further up the coast and slowly making my way to San Fransisco. So far, I like California, it's so nice to not have to wear a mask everywhere and the weather's pretty hot.

I'll update soon.

Love to everyone back home.

x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



12th May 2009

Wow...
What a fantastic time you are having, must have been great hooking up with Daisy. Glad you've excaped Mexico City OK, continue to enjoy. Much love. xxx

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb