A Sight to See


Advertisement
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 35.2855, -120.663

We made reservations to tour Hearst Castle in San Simeon in advance and arrived about an hour before our scheduled tour. We had time for lunch and still moved up to an earlier tour. The ticket office attendant was happy to give us a spot on an earlier tour. The castle is magnificent and the grounds are beautiful. It is easy to see why the Hearst family picked that spot for their home.

After touring we drove back to San Luis Obispo and checked into our room at the Madonna Inn. The inn is known for its outrageous design and decoration, but we had one of the more subdued rooms on the property--the Highway Suite. It was really comfortable with a great rock-walled shower--probably the best part of the room. The furnishings reflect Alex Madonna's interest in highway building.

Bonnie and Tom made dinner reservations at the Gold Rush Steak House in the Madonna Inn and they treated us to a wonderful dinner. We had fun catching up with them and finding out what they have been up to. I forgot to take photos when we were with them though.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb