Walking, walking and yet more walking ...


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Coit TowerCoit TowerCoit Tower

Jan 08 2016 105 Coit Tower, San Francisco
Geo: 37.7792, -122.42

Today was mainly spent walking! We caught the Cable Car with the intention of getting off at the top of the windy part of Lombard Street and walking down. Unfortunately for us, we got on the wrong car which dropped us at the bottom of Lombard Street. It is a very long, very steep walk back up to the top!

Once we finally reached the top, we then proceeded to walk back down, stopping for photos along the way. Then we continued to walk, and walk, and walk until we reached Coit Tower. We had spent so much time walking there that unfortunately we didn't have time or go up as S & J and the boys had bookings for the night tour of Alcatraz later in the day and we had other things to do before that.

We looked at the views from around the Tower before walking down (and down) to the Embarcadero and along to Pier 39 for the boys to see the sea lions, which were just as cute as I remembered from last time.

At this point we were all hungry and unfortunately surrounded by totally touristy restaurants, but we didn't have enough time to
Sea Lions at Pier 39Sea Lions at Pier 39Sea Lions at Pier 39

Jan 08 2016 110 Sea Lions at Pier 39 San Francisco
go elsewhere before the Alcatraz trip for the others. We ended up having lunch in Neptune's at the end of the pier. The room was warm, the views were stunning and the food wasn't too bad at all. I think most of us had fish and chips and a glass of wine.

G and I walked the rest of our group to Alcatraz pier before catching the F Line back to the hotel. We then used the opportunity of having no minors with us to have a couple of sunset cocktails at The View Lounge at the Marriott. It was packed, presumably with a lot of after work drinkers, but we managed to grab a table and had a couple of nice relaxing drinks before returning to the Chancellor to meet with the others. They all thoroughly enjoyed Alcatraz. G and I went on our last trip so had decided not to do it again.

Dinner that night was in Beldin Place at Café Bastille. The restaurant was French and I had Boeuf Bourgignon. Totally delicious, as were the Crepes Suzette.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

View from Pier 39View from Pier 39
View from Pier 39

Jan 08 2016 112 View from Pier 39 San Francisco
San Francisco at Dusk from The View San FranciscoSan Francisco at Dusk from The View San Francisco
San Francisco at Dusk from The View San Francisco

Jan 08 2016 115 View from The View San Francisco
San Francisco at Dusk from The View San FranciscoSan Francisco at Dusk from The View San Francisco
San Francisco at Dusk from The View San Francisco

Jan 08 2016 120 View from the View San Francisco


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb