Golden Gate Bridge


Advertisement
Published: April 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Clear view in the afternoonClear view in the afternoonClear view in the afternoon

One of the spots that was suggested for taking pictures
The Golden Gate Bridge is definitely San Francisco's most famous landmark and popular tourist destination. Although Twin Peaks offers an amazing view of this wonder of the modern world, there is nothing like actually crossing this beautiful bridge and experiencing the amazing view for itself. You can cross the bridge 3 different ways: drive through it, ride a bike or walk.

Driving: the bridge is about 2 miles long so the drive won’t last too long and perhaps won't give you enough time to apprecite the beauty of the bridge as well as enjoy an amazing view from it. You also have to pay Toll fee (only coming to the city, not leaving) which is about $7 if you prepay online or $10 if you pay afterwards (no cash lanes).

Riding a bike: in my opinion, this is the best way to cross the Golden Gate Bridge. If you don’t have your own bike with you, San Francisco offers plenty of bike rentals all around the city. Average price is $8 per hour, a maximum of $30 per day (for 24 hours). When you rent a bike, you will be given a map with different routes (you can ride all the way to the Golden Gate park if you want!) as well as tips on the best spots to take pictures. If you decide to rent bikes, make sure to give yourself at least 3 hours to enjoy this experience.

Walk (or jog): if you decide to walk the Golden Gate, I suggest doing it on the weekends or after 3:30 p.m on the weekdays. The reason for that is on weekends they open 2 walkways on both sides of the bridge – one for byciclists and the other one for pedestrians. During weekdays from 5 a.m. till 3 p.m. only one walkway is open so you will have to share the road with bicyclists that can go pretty fast.

P.S. No matter how you decide to cross the bridge, i am confident you will be amazed by it's beauty as well as surrounding nature. The bridge is pretty foggy in the mornings, go in the afternoon for the best pictures.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb