California Fly-Drive


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 3

We had time to return to Cafe Mason for another American style breakfast. Buttermilk fluffy pancakes and syrup are delicious but nothing signifies breakfast in USA more than unlimited coffee. So charged we make for Fishermans Wharf to collect our bicycles.

Once we have mastered the wrong way round brakes we head off in Indian file along the wharf, past Hyde and the Aquatic park where we get our first sighting of the rust coloured bridge which crosses the Golden Gate. The journey to Sausilito is crammed with cyclists and walkers as we cross the bridge. The traffic roars past us as we cant help but stare at the symmetry of the magnificent bridge at the evolving views of Alcatraz and San Francisco. The bay too is busy with sailing and motor vessels enjoying the sunshine and I even catch a daring helicopter zipping under the bridge.

We get to Sausilito safely and lock up our bikes in the chaotic bike rack area. As always we think of food and get a table in the Napa Valley burger Co. which was excellent washed down with some nice wine and a local beer.

We opted to cycle back though many choose the ferry. The kids all did really well and we got back across with no drama though a few of the hills are tougher going back. Heading back to San Francisco along the beach we saw many kite surfers out on the bay, with Alcatraz shining beyond them. People of all abilities were out running and the aquatic park was busy with swimmers doing their open water laps. A triathletes paradise!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb