San Francisco So.Journey


Advertisement
Published: August 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 3

Hard getting started today.

My aim was to visit the Contemporary Jewish Museum. By public transport......

I should have walked.

My bus shelter was inhabited by a crack user. Ok. Did catch the right bus, missed my stop to get off. Found another stop and retraced the route to the correct stop. Determined to master public transport. Going to get my bus pass value and then some- actually it's going to pay for itself over and over again at this rate of multiple journeys. Walked to the museum. It's located across the street from the Yerba Buena Centre for the Arts on 4 th and Mission (SOMA) and next to an architecturally stunning church. The YBCA have a comprehensive website and an exhibition on Migration running ATM. They weren't open Wednesdays though so didn't catch it.

The square that the museum in is visually interesting - lots of angles, great for photography. Arrived at the Contemp Jewish Museum- closed. Visited the open gift shop though. Told them I'd be back.... Hot tip- Thursday is late closing day and admission is $5 after 5pm. The SF MOMA is also closed right now for about 2
startersstartersstarters

Bruschetta with goats cheese
years I believe for renovation. The shop is, however, open.... But not today....

Alas, what to do do?

May as well shop. Right next to Target so stock up on those things that can only be bought in the USA- peanut butter M&M's, mint M&M's, that foaming hand wash in a dispenser (don't ask), lipsticks (Loreal 939- 1/2 price), etc.... Just a tip - if you are staying down town the Target also includes a supermarket- fruit, veges, the lot. Handy if you are self catering. Target done I do the Uniqlo, Old Navy, GAP and Marshalls. Shopping done.

Meet Lachy for dinner at http://http://www.pucciniandpinetti.com/menus.php for Italian. It's a quick walk from his place. Busy, average service but decent food. They do complimentary bread and tapenade (very good), split a starter, 2 mains, 2 wines (I'm on holiday) with tip $95.

Cab back, can't contemplate the crack run by myself tonight, it's after 1030 pm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb