Thursday July 5


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We rolled in to San Francisco after a really long ride from Pomona. On the way we stopped in Hollywood where Eileen was able to get the photos she wanted. Many of the photos are from the Graumin's Theater. The coast was really cloudy and the time was running short so we bypassed the 17 mile drive in order to get to the campsite.

As it turned out, we were too late and the place was closed. Perhaps that is a good thing because it really didn't look like anywhere we would stay, given a choice. Of course we became concerned about where we might stay so Eileen began searching. She found this place called Candlestick, located across the parking lot from the stadium. It is very nice.

From here, this morning, we will take a shuttle ($12 per person) in the city proper. We will have time to see and do a few things. More photos to come.

Tomorrow (early) we leave for a drive across Nevada to Salt Lake City for a couple of days. I am anxious to tour the sites concerning the Mormons. (photos of course, will accompany the blog)

Dan and Eileen


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb