San Fran


Advertisement
Published: February 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

San Fran


Golden GateGolden GateGolden Gate

View from Ocean Beach
San Francisco is my favourite city after New York, with its very European like feel. The people are polite and the sights are great, the climate is lovely in the summer time. I would certainly think about moving there in later life.

Some great sights that are a must. You have to walk the Golden Gate bridge and take the cruise of the bay too. If you want to go on a tour of Alcatraz make sure you book online at least three days previously as you can not just walk up and buy them!!!

A visit to the Fisherman's Wharf is needed even though it is a tourist trap so get ready to pay that little bit extra. It is the area where street entertainers are and it is always bustling with tourists. Just a short walk away from the Wharf is Lombard Street which is worth the look. Then if you walk north-west towards the ocean front then you will come across a diner called Fog City - the food it brilliant and the atmosphere is even cooler. Highly recommended.

If you are looking for a good beer then San Fran is the place to go - they have many pubs and bars that offer a huge range of beer ranging from Imperial Japanese Pilsners to Chocolate Stouts.

Other good areas to check out are Chinatown at night for some good food. Ocean Beach for the people and fun or Baker Beach for a more siren atmosphere.

Great Place with great people. Will be coming back here very soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

San FranciscoSan Francisco
San Francisco

The Wharf


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb