End of the road


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
January 26th 2010
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Last day! Getting sad to leave already 😞
Time to see as much of the rest of SF as at all possible in one day. The weather was better, cloudy but warm and now and then the sun popped through, plus no rain! We were up to a bit of a walk before our 11 hour flight, 3 hour wait in Paris, 1:30 hour flight to Hamburg and 1 hour drive to Ollys parents for our weekend stay. Off we went then, up Market Street to Union Square, up and down on Union Street and to China Town. Where all the antique shops surprisingly seemed to be selling exactly the same things. Otherwise it was quite nice and neater than in NY. We carried on up and down the fantastic SF streets, it was like mountain climbing! But fun. And we got wonderful views of the entire town, just by walking up a road. We wound up the famous Lombard Street and then back down to the bay. Here we strolled along the Pacific Ocean and then we saw the Golden Gate Bridge again. Didn't seem so far, why not walk? Okay, yes it's quite a walk!! But it was a good one. I can warmly recommend to do this walk directly along the coast. After beautiful views of the bay and bridge, lovely recreation areas and cute little green parks you can reach a kind of bigger ranger hut with souvenirs. But most importantly with hot chocolate, clam soup and chocolate cake! Just the right thing after a long walk. Then it's not far up a little trail to the famous bridge. Although it wasn't bright day light anymore and the sun didn't shine, it was breathtaking and absolutely worth it! We both knew, no matter what else we were going to do this evening, this was kind of the end of the road, the farthest point, our very last goal on this trip. One of those special moments...
We hopped on the bus back, took the historic cable car through down town, played around a bit in the very cool historic arcade on Fishermans Wharf and another day had passed by so quickly.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb