Thursday 5th - Thursday 11th March


Advertisement
Published: March 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey!

Arrived in San Francisco late Thursday evening and settled in to our hostel. On Friday we headed to Union Square to check out the local shops, even though they were mostly shops like Louis Vuitton and way out of our price range so we settled for a starbucks and sat people watching. In the evening we went to the recommended local pub the Edinburgh Castle. On Saturday we had a lazy breakfast, read our books and did laundry before walking to the Bart system and meeting AJ at the airport. He was very tired on arrival so we had an early night after catching up. Sunday was spent being tourists and visiting places like the Coit tower, the Lombard curvy road, Ghiradelli chocolate shop and the Fishermans Wharf for lunch.
On Monday we hired bikes and rode over the Golden Gate Bridge which took just over 3 hours from the bike shop and back. Views from Golden Gate Bridge were awesome. On the way to Pier 33 to catch our ferry over to Alcatraz we stopped off at traditional American Diner for lunch and had milkshakes, burgers and chilli fries! Alcatraz was even better than expected : ) the
Lombard StreetLombard StreetLombard Street

The Crooked Street!
tour guides were great and the audio tour was really good and informative (even though Libby managed to get lost - didn't know her right from her left bless her!) quite an eerie place - very good setting for a scary movie : ) Check out the pics - naughty AJ was nearly locked up in a cell! Very strange place, quite funny that the views of San Fran from the island are amazing!! They also taught us about all the escape attempts that they have ever had which we all found fascinating, even bought a book for you all to read!
On Tuesday we picked up Mustang Sally! Very cool car! Drove down to Santa Cruz along Pacific Highway 1 - views are spectacular! Stayed at Pigeon Point Lighthouse and watched the sunset in the hot tub! Best hostel so far. Set off early on wednesday morning to see the Bison in Golden Gate Park and then headed to the airport to pick up Trout.
Today the awesome foursome are hitting the road in our RV! First stop on our road trip is Yosemite National Park - which is supposed to be very cold! May not be able to Blog for a few days with being on the road but we'll try our best!
Love to you all xx



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Naughty Andrew!Naughty Andrew!
Naughty Andrew!

Locked up in a cell!


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb