Brief Harbor Cruise


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco » Alcatraz
February 5th 2008
Published: March 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Golden Gate BridgeGolden Gate BridgeGolden Gate Bridge

Heading straight into the teeth of the wind.
After seeing all I could of the Jeremiah O'Brien (and being allowed to stay on board for about 45 minutes after they closed the entrance to the public), I decided to jump on a quick harbor cruise that was the last one of the day.

On the harbor cruise we sailed West from the Fisherman's Wharf area until we were directly under the Golden Gate bridge, then sailed back East around the North side of Alcatraz Island before turning back South to dock.

I thought I would stay very near the bow of the boat for the entirety of the one hour cruise, but it got a bit chilly heading West into the wind. After departing the boat, I headed directly to the Buena Vista for an Irish Coffee to warm up and it hit the spot!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

AlcatrazAlcatraz
Alcatraz

From somewhat Northwest of the island. You can see the Oakland Bay Bridge in the background on the right side of the photo.
Indians WelcomeIndians Welcome
Indians Welcome

One of the messages left by the Indians who occupied the island somewhere between 1969 and 1971. Interesting that they chose not to deface the United States Penitentiary signage.
!!! Achtung !!! Achtung !!!!!! Achtung !!! Achtung !!!
!!! Achtung !!! Achtung !!!

PERSONS PROCURING OR CONCEALING ESCAPE OF PRISONERS ARE SUBJECT TO PROSECUTION AND IMPRISONMENT.
Inbound ShipInbound Ship
Inbound Ship

Looking to dock somewhere in the bay.


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb