Day 24 - San Diego and a day (and a blog) of nothing


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
September 30th 2012
Published: October 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 24 - San Diego 'The Del' by the pool, Distance Travelled - 143 feet!

A day of doing absolutely nothing as San Diego experienced record temperatures for September ( and now October) of over 100 degrees inland and 90 degrees by the sea! So we just sat by the pool and chilled!

Our friends from Waste Management all left this morning meaning the queue for coffee was a lot shorter and the wifi a lot faster, they were however quickly replaced by a large conference of estate agents! Lance Armstrong is also somwhere in the hotel having controversially competed in a big local triathlon on the beach during the day and having some sort of foundation meeting here tomorrow!

The navy and airforce were completely silent for a second day so it was peace all round and a chance to top up the tan/sunburn. The pool bar stuck on the golf rather than the San Diego Chargers football game so I settled down with Darren from North Cheam who was on his honeymoon to watch the absolute heroics from the European boys. Sadly the American fans came and went but none wanted to sit and watch it with us and in the end it was just three Brits and the barmaid who watched the glorious win. We did wake up the rest of the pool as Kaymer sank his put to win it.

It only became clear how much we had drunk when it came time to stand up and cheer that final putt, as the beer had been flowing for four hours and we'd also been trying some cocktail testing/tasting as well (coconut tequila is very nice).

The rest of the afternoon was spent floating in the pool whilst Shassy took advantage of the Navy ceasefire and the binmen exodus to carry on her sleeping beauty impression....right up until the house band started up their sunday afternoon rock music set on the deck above the pool.

The phone at the pool bar rang and the staff were summoned to the upper deck because 'mad lady had arrived'. We followed them up there to watch a 70 ish year old lady in a miniskirt with died bright red hair and feathers everywhere dancing madly to the band on the deck. Apparently she's a local and she does it every Sunday....quite mad but she was enjoying herself.

In the evening we hit the town but once again Coronado was dead and for the second time in a week we were the last couple in the restaurant at 9-15 with waiters clearing chairs, parasols and tables away around us as we ate, so it was back to the Del for night caps and a look forward to naval re-engagement tomorrow and our last full day in the USA!

Absolutely no photos of anything today so here's a few more from Seaworld yesterday...


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement




1st October 2012

Coconut tequila.......UGH you must have been unsober/drunk XXXX

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb