SoCal Trip - Day 2 - SeaWorld, part 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
November 23rd 2010
Published: March 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

DolphinDolphinDolphin

Close to a Dolphin
We awoke early around 7:30 to a call from Portland Public Schools saying that it was snowing and that Parent/Teacher conferences before 10 AM were to be cancelled. This was quickly absolved by being greeted by sunshine on a warm Carlsbad morning.

After an 8:30 breakfast with our Aunt we were off for another day at SeaWorld.

Because we'd done the majority of the shows yesterday we decided to start off with some playing in the Sesame Street 'Bay of Play' and did some more self-guided exhibit tours. We then had two experiences with Emma that I've never had before... One horrible and one amazing! The first was we went on a ride called Journey to Atlantis... It's a roller-coaster that absolutely terrified her! She cried and said she would never ride another ride again... Kinda a scary thing when the 'surprise of the year' is going to Disneyland tomorrow!

We ate some lunch and then went to one final show... It was 'The Polar Express' touted as a"4-D" experience... And it was pretty cool. Not only did you get to have 3-D glasses, but things like snow, water and even the smell of hot chocolate made the
Petting BatRaysPetting BatRaysPetting BatRays

Emma Pets a BatRay
20 minute movie something pretty incredible.

After the show we thought that we'd check out one more ride... It was called a Shipwreck and it was a large, round car that went on a wild water adventure. After some coercing of Emma we all went on the ride... And it was well worth is because she ended up having a blast and rode the ride four times, once all by herself!

We then drove a little over an hour to Orange where we checked into our hotel and the girls went swimming. I regrouped, charged my phone and we drove up to
LAX to pickup Megan's sister Erin from the airport. Along the way we hit a bit of rain which just added to the stress if driving in Los Angeles traffic... Which, with GPS in hand, really wasn't all that bad.

We made it back to the hotel at 9:30 just in time to hit the hay to prepare for tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Flamingos!Flamingos!
Flamingos!

Lots of Flamingos... lots of them!
Emma on ShipWreck RideEmma on ShipWreck Ride
Emma on ShipWreck Ride

Emma rides with some new friends on the ShipWreck ride.


Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb