Day 13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
July 13th 2009
Published: July 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Temp: 28°C

Day 13 was earlyyyyy... got up at 5:45 as we had to pack up and make our way to the BART (train station) to catch the train to the airport for our flight to San Diego. The flight was only about an hr and 15mins so nice n quick. We arrived in San Diego to 28° and sunny (yay, finally!!)

We made our way to our hostel in a cab ($15). Love the hostel, it's very friendly, very homey. Every wall is a different colour which sounds kinda garish but is actually quite happy n works for the place.
We dumped our stuff, changed into shorts n singlets n made our way out to find a bus out to San Diego Zoo.
Easy enough once we found it and it's only $5 for a daily pass on public transport, the cheapest we've found so far.

Arrived at SD Zoo, started with the Pink Flamingos then onto the childrens zoo, where there was the otters, ducks and the petting zoo etc then made our way to the reptile area, checked out the tortoises, crocs and lizards etc. then onto the gorilla, monkeys and tigers, past the hippos, zebras and polar bears and on to the lions, elephants and camels. We then came across the kangaroos, wombats and koalas (which was quite odd for us, and they were a very popular attraction). We finished off with the giraffes and a ride on the skytrain thing that went over the top of the park for a birds eye view.
I managed to buy a toy elephant (it was sooo cute, even though I have no where to put it) and a few other odds and ends as souvies.
We made our way back on the bus to downtown SD to Horton Plaza Westfield for dinner. Tonight it was Pasta.. tomorrow who knows?! but thats definatel our new food court haha) We also managed to find Victoria Secret (lingerie) and scored 7 pair of VS undies for $25...bargain! (again, no where to put them!)
We made our way back to the hostel where im hanging in the 'common' room writing this. We get free pancakes in the morning for brekkie so we'll see how that goes and we are heading tomorrow arvo to Tijuana, Mexico on an organised tour. I'll do my best to avoid the swine flu I promise!!

I have free wireless again til thursday but dont get too used to me updating this so often as I dont know how I'm gonna go on Contiki with internet. I'll still be typing them up daily but will upload them all at once when I get some net.
Til tomorrow, ciao!


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



14th July 2009

Glad you girls are having a good'un.....having fun reading the blogs although i think i liked you're Euro trash version better...hahaha....you haven't mentioned Rama once, She allright? Still smoking? Enjoy yourselves and have fun on the contikii. XOXO GG Oh yeah Work sux the weather is no better.
14th July 2009

Ian RE: trip
Gimmie time, ill trash up these once i get on contiki, all very straight at the mo!! Karen is smoking again...naughttttyyy. not as many, but she gains one each day i rekon! I dont really mention her that much coz everyone knows im with here over here so just mention the add-ons! having a ball tho!
14th July 2009

Aww hun, well I don't mind having the toy elephant in my suitcase if you're running out of room? Although I draw the line at the lingerie! Like I don't have enough problems! ;o) lol Jealous over you seeing koalas. Even though it's probably no biggie for you coz you have em back home, I LOVE koalas! Have always wanted to hold one and possibly take it home to keep :o) I'm determind to try and go to the National Zoological park in Washington DC. They have world-famous pandas there, and I'd love to see them. Soooo cute! Wanna come with?! x x
15th July 2009

pancakes
you will need another suit case to come home, or send your goodies by mail - how were the pancakes..... yum
15th July 2009

Glenda RE: Suitcase n Pancakes
I kno, im gonna buy another bag or suitcase along the way. I can take an extra suitcase from NY for just $20 and can bring the two home fon QANTAS for free! so ill shop up in NY and have a whole free day in LA b4 i come home too so ill put it off til then as much as i can. Unfortunately i can only take the 1 suitcase on contiki so have to limit it haha

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb