LaJolla today


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
March 2nd 2018
Published: March 3rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Up early , Hostel coffee and really nice oranges, then a short walk to a lineup for $5 donuts, no not a 1/2 dozen but $5 each. Kate had Maple bacon and I had PBJ , peanut butter and jelly.

It was substantial in size and fresh but WTH $5! Went to the square where they were setting up gourmet eating tents. Sunny morning , not a cloud , beautiful blue sky. The ambient temperature only 60f but the sun was creating the warmth that my body has been missing We ate our treats then strolled the district looking for adventure.



The Hostel had transport set up to take us to LaJolla but we choose City Transit, we are awesome at that now., not even engaging in other passengers dialogue. No really , it’s all good, clean buses and the riders are all cool. And we know it’s only $1.10 anywhere. Just like Hawaii where you can circumnavigate the island of Oahu for 2 and 1/2 bucks.



I think there was too much jam in the donut.

This bus operator was trained in the same procedures as our previous driver!

Maybe the throttle is fly-by-wire and it just does it’s own thing regardless of what the driver inputs.



La Jolla , a little different than what I had envisioned. Of course I did no research , did not even ask anyone what to expect. Let’s see , California beach town, been there, just yesterday. Sea lions and caves, seen those , beautiful sunsets, looking forward to that. The end of the inbound bus route was lined with high end boutique shops. A little like the West End in Vancouver, maybe a combination of Robson and Denman streets. No , not really but I am struggling to describe it , especially after spending yesterday in Tijuana. Certainly its own vibe and in no way is it funky or retro. We don’t feel out of place here, but we are definitely more an Ocean Beach couple. The salespeople at the Ferrari dealership would agree.



Harry’s Coffee Shop came highly recommended for breakkie. It has been around since the 60’s as an eclectic New York Diner . It did not compromise its status. Autumn was our server, she was perfect. The fare was standard breakfast, large servings and reasonable prices. My sourdough toast as good as any.



Oh, Kate had a non sweetened latte, eureka!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

BreakfastBreakfast
Breakfast

Harry’s


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb