PeTA be Damned, we are going to Sea World!


Advertisement
Published: May 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We three slept well in this beautiful Hilton Garden Inn. Up shortly after dawn we breakfasted in the restaurant courtesy of my Hilton Honors Gold status. Fed and caffinated, wife started getting the monstruo ready while I logged into the hotel computer and bought 2-day passes for us to Sea World. I know it is not that big of a park, and can likely be seen in 1 day but we are towing a two year old and she will need a slower pace and some down time.
Leaving the hotel, I earned a dirty look from wife when I rode up on a flowerbed curb while leaving the parking lot. No permanent damage but I was a bit chagrined. We stopped at a Subway and grabbed something to eat later, park food is expensive and not much of a culinary experience so might as well bring our own.
We got a little turned around in the parking lot but eventually found where we were to park and headed to the gate
Dolphin show excitement
. We arrived just in time for the 11:30 dolphin show and it was great. Abcde laughed and applauded and had a huge smile on her face. After the dolphins we hustled to the orca tank. They were amazing, if not as high energy as their smaller relatives. Next was the sealion and otter show, SLL Sea Lions Live. That show was ok but Abs was getting worn out and wouldn't sit still. Stomachs rumbling, we found a seat in the shade next to the Riptide ride and ate lunch. I was going to ride the Riptide but there was a massive beehive in a palm tree next to the ride that became disturbed every time they started the ride. After lunch we entered the shark encounter, freshwater fish display, and the turtle exhibit. At 3:15 we went to the second dolphin show, it was just as much fun the second time around. We stopped briefly in Sesame Street Bay of Play and then exited the park. Getting back to the car we found some little turf had left their glob of gum on the hood if the car. I cleaned it as best as I could and we headed back to the hotel. Abcde fell asleep before we hit the surface streets and barely woke up when I took her into the room. Leaving the ladies for a minute I went to a 7-11 for drinks and snacks. Upon my return Abcde woke up and we headed to dinner. Our server, Challen, warned us there would be a bit of a delay but let us place our order and would give us a call to the room when our order was ready. This worked brilliantly and Abcde was able to run and play without disturbing other diners until our food came out. Wife had the flank steak (cooked well done, like Kenyans are prone to ruin their steaks) and I had the fish tacos. Both of us were happy with our dinners and Abcde ate most of Wife's carrots and was happy too. A great dinner for less than $30 with my discount.
Back to the room, a little HGTV and it was time to turn out the lights.

Me and Abs at dolphin show SeaWorld

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb