Surfing at Mission beach and visiting San Diego bay


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego » Coronado
August 11th 2008
Published: August 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Monday 11th Aug (pictures to follow)
I woke up early and started planning the days activities while Gra had a lye in. I set up surfing at Mission Beach followed by a Kayak and snorkel tour in La Jolla. So we hired our surf boards and attempted to look like we knew what we were doing. After Gra had a few attempts to get on the board he invented his own style of mooning knee surfing!!! very talented I thought, We both struggled to get on the boards with any grace at all and were exhausted after an hour. Gra realised his shorts were way too loose to master the sport of surfing in one hour, so we planned to try it again another day.
It was on to La Jolla next, but when we got there the tour had been cancelled due to a tidal swell causing dangerous conditions, and after 8 rescues already that day they weren't going out again. So we took the time to stop and re think plans over a very delicious lunch. As the underwater reserve was a unique attraction to La Jolla we decided to stay on in San Diego another night and do the tour the next day.
Next we went to San Diego Bay and a beach called Coronado, We bought a frisbee and American football and played catch on the beach for an hour. As we are both ultimate professionals at our phys ed teaching jobs we have to hone our range of skills once in a while, so taking on some North American sports was ideal, and of course Amy doesn't do lying on the beach on holiday!
After all this activity a night in watching the Olympics and blogging was called for.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



26th August 2008

confused.com
Hi just managed to catch up with all your blog entries, by going backwards! Looks like you are having a great time even with the heat. look forward to catching up with you both for real in a few days now, Lucy

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb