Moving on.....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Redding
August 29th 2011
Published: September 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

....continues from last entry!

Well it’s amazing what you can find when you mooch around, no not anything of scenic beauty but we did find a K Mart – which Abi had told us about and most impressive of all they sold levis for $19.98! and had some in the sale for $11, got very excited and then noticed they were all size 4, somehow I just knew I had no chance!! We did discover they sold quite cheap sleeping bags though and we will need them for when we stay at the Kampgrounds of America sites so at least now we know where to buy them.

We also checked out another massive supermarket and spent ages drooling over all the wonderful gallons tubs of ice cream (no we did not buy any), after a bit of a walk about we found a McDonald’s where for the price of a $1 coke (diet naturally) you can sit in air conditioned comfort with free wifi for several hours!

Eventually it was time to head for the train so we piled in the motel bus along with 4 members of the Amtrak crew who were joining our train also and before long we were ‘all aboard’ and on our way to Redding, by now we were really tired and asked the car attendant if they could wake us up at our stop if we were asleep, Howard managed to get to sleep – probably due to his trusty Asda Smart Price pillow, I on the other hand had to make do with the little airplane style scratchy pillow and that accompanied by the sound of the woman behind me rattling her oxygen cylinders meant I did not. I was near the end of a very good book though so that kept me going.

We climbed off at Redding at 2.20am and staggered to the motel where we had to knock up the night guy and eventually collapsed into bed!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.127s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb