Last Day


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Santa Monica BaySanta Monica BaySanta Monica Bay

Looking north across the bay to Malibu (beside my head). A good part of the far shore was the scene of our bike ride when we first arrived in LA.
Geo: 33.7287, -118.346

Had a relaxed start to the day and went for a drive south along the coast. It is another super day with few clouds and no pollution. A little chilly, but the clear skies would account for that.

Had a look around Redondo Beach then drove over the Palos Verdes penninsula to see the sights. Got as far as Trump National Golf Course which proclaimed itself as the best golf course in California - sounds like Donald Trump. It was very pretty, overlooking Catalina Island which was surprisingly large and not that far offshore. Also stopped at the Terranea Resort for a similar view.

Skipped the $75/head brunch and bought a carnita (pulled pork) sandwich roll from the local corner store and went home to feast on that and leftovers. Settling in for a nap and a lazy afternoon before our plane leaves at near midnight tonight.

Revisited La Playita Cafe for one last Mexican meal, then some of us finished off with a gelato.

Long wait in the check-in queue at QANTAS, then had to remove shoes and belt at security. The LA airport is being refurbished (about time). The old parts are awful but the new parts are quite nice.

Take-off was
Terranea ResortTerranea ResortTerranea Resort

With Catalina Island across the water.
delayed nearly an hour but we landed only 10min past schedule at 8:05am on Tue 4 Nov, Melbourne Cup day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb