Living the life


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Quincy
June 14th 2013
Published: June 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 11th June

Out for another run today. Same bike line up as yesterday. Jims loving the KTM. Hal brings up the rear on the beemer, he says he's happy going at our pace, but I strongly suspect we're far too slow for him. Stopped for a drink at Downieville, an old mining town on the river, a fantastic looking place, ( I stupidly left my camera at the house) before heading on back. Probably about a 90 round trip, up mountain passes and through forests in just the most perfect weather. Back for a couple of 'suds' before firing up the BBQ and having steak for supper - it really doesn't get any better.

Wednesday 12th June

Next day, slow start, after having breakfast cooked for us, spent most of the day hanging around the house. We were going to go into Reno to pick up the bike part which was supposed to arrive today, but Rhonda, Andy's wife had to go that way anyway, so plans changed and she went instead. We washed my bike, drank more suds before taking Andy's pick up back to the shop to see how he was getting on with the bike. Its all finished. Paid up, he really did us a good deal and it came to just over the grand.

As it was Hal and Virginia's wedding anniversary they had booked up a table in town and we went out for supper with Andy and Rhonda as well. We tried to pay (honest), but they wouldn't have any of it - so after everything they've done for us, they paid for the whole meal aswell!

Thursday 13th June

Its the day of leaving today, a sad day indeed. We said our thanks and bade them goodbye. I really hope our paths will cross again, and we can repay some of their kindness.

Crossed into Nevada around Lake Tahoe, and then back again into California, over a couple of mountain passes and then dropped down to a small place called Walker, where we have a motel room for the night. Hopefully, Yosemite National Park tomorrow.

Advertisement



17th June 2013

Hello guys...no signal? Keep on truckin\' Lookin forward to next exciting instalment. Hopefully without bike/glasses drama. Take care. Mags. X
18th June 2013

Back into the land of computers again, and have just updated the blog. Glad you guys are still following it. Down to the last 2 weeks now. Not looking forward to trying to sell the bikes, like selling on a faithful horse (mine anyway!) We are both loving this, I've never seen Jim look so content when we were stopped in Quincy - Half was like the big bro he never had.
18th June 2013

Back into the land of computers again, and have just updated the blog. Glad you guys are still following it. Down to the last 2 weeks now. Not looking forward to trying to sell the bikes, like selling on a faithful horse (mine anyway!) We are both loving this, I've never seen Jim look so content when we were stopped in Quincy - Half was like the big bro he never had.
18th June 2013

Sorry, that was supposed to read Hal, not half. The tablet predicts words and changes them! And then I sent it twice!! More tired than I thought! xx

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb